Thursday 2 May 2013

Famous Brothers and Sisters

I've been thinking about what to write for a few days now. I almost gave up, until someone came up with a fun idea. Let's write about actors who “keep it in the family”, I know you have a dirty mind, but it's nothing like that, instead I'll write about famous brothers and sisters who are actors. I'll only focus on those who are “widely spread”, as in there are a lot of them.

Let's start with the Baldwins. I'll only mention the four brothers, not that they aren't enough, on the contrary, they are a bit too much. So let's see, there is Alec, the oldest one, then Daniel, William and the youngest one Stephen. What is there to tell about the Baldwins? If I say I don't like them, it's an understatement. They look like a cloning project gone wrong. As if they had all been cloned from Alec and each clone looked more ridiculous than the last one.
Their movies are mostly crappy, I've seen a lot of them and I can't even come up with a single title from the top of my head. Alec plays in the TV series called 30 Rock, which is considered successful, but I don't like that either.

The Wayans siblings. What's the plural of Wayans, Wayanses? (kinda sounds like something that Gollum would say: hobbitses) There are even more of these guys, than the Baldwins, and that says a lot. The only difference is, I actually like them. Keenen Ivory is the oldest of them. He has three brothers, Damon, Shawn, Marlon and a sister, Kim. I'm not even going to mention their children, because if I did, I could write about them hundreds of post and I'd have to rename my blog to A DAMn Big Family Blog.
Anyways, they have some pretty entertaining movies, mostly comedies but they also played in some action movies and dramas as well. I won't go into details, but I'll name a few that I liked: Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood; The Last Boy Scout; Requiem for a Dream; Littleman; White Chicks…

The Arquettes. I don't really like the Arquettes either. Why is that, you might ask? The answer is, they haven't really put anything on the table.
There is Rosanna Arquette the oldest one, she had a few movies, but they mostly sucked. I have seen one a couple of years ago, called The Divide, it was so sick and twisted, that it was actually good (no thanks to her performance).
Richmond Arquette is the eldest brother of the Arquettes. I can't tell anything about him, didn't even know he existed, till today.
Patricia Arquette is probably the most well know from the Arquettes, she had an OK performance in Stigmata and there is one more movie she had a role in, that I haven't seen yet, but definitely will: A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors.
Alexis Arquette not sure what the proper term is. He used to be a guy and now she isn't, let's just leave it at that.
Finally there is David Arquette, the youngest of them. If I'd have to come up with a single word to describe this guy, I'd have to go with goofy. He is just weird, kind of like his character from the Scream movies.

Last but not least, the Estevez clan. As I've said before, I focus on the siblings so I'll stick to only one Sheen. There are four Estevez siblings, two of whom are relatively unknown, or at least I know very little of them. That is why I'll start with these two.
Ramon Estevez and Renée Estevez. There, I feel like we've already talked enough about these two and you know as much about them as I do.
Emilio Estevez had most of his highlights in the 80's and the 90's. But this is not the Estevez you're looking for!
Charlie Sheen, born Carlos Irwin Estevez is undoubtedly one of TV's best actors and a great movie star as well. In 2010 he was the highest paid TV actor earning a 1.8 million dollars for each episode of Two and a Half Men. I still don't get why he got booted from the show. Of course he had some drug/alcohol/hooker problems, the occasional domestic violence, publicly insulted the show's creators, but that was just a regular Sunday for Charlie.

There probably still are a number of well known actors out there with a bunch of brothers and sisters, but I'll stick to these for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment